Tanya Sterling is a Chartered Accountant, a Certified Professional Consultant on Aging, a Chartered Financial Divorce Specialist, and a Certified Power Coach with certificates in ElderLaw, Collaborative Dispute & Resolution, and Negotiation.
With over 17 years of experience in tax accounting, financial reporting, strategic financial planning, facilitation, conflict management, and coaching for individuals as well as businesses; all combine to make Tanya a strong financial resource to advise, educate, and coach clients to understand and overcome financial roadblocks.
Tanya has been an active advocate in dealing with youth at risk, women, and seniors. She volunteers in many different areas of the community and has been a member and advocate of several local groups including the following:
- Victoria Harbourside Rotary Club (Past-Chairs of the Boys and Girls Club, Community Funding Committee, and Board Membership Director)
- BC Coalition to Eliminate Senior Abuse
- Co-Chair for the Victoria Chapter of the Minerva Foundation Follow A Leader Program
- Board member for the Capital Regional District Arts Advisory Council
- Mentor for University of Victoria Business students
- Youth at Risk and the Women’s Sexual Assault Centre
In recognition for her work in the community and commitment to her clients’ needs, Tanya won the “Top Visionaries Under 40″ Award, was selected and recognized for “CA Young Achievement Award” from the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants, recognized as Douglas Magazine’s “Top 10 to Watch”, awarded a Paul Harris Fellow from Rotary International and attained a Rotary Governor’s Award. Tanya has been featured in BC Business Magazine, actively speaks and teaches in the community, writes various articles, and has been interviewed in the Times Colonist, Douglas Magazine, FOCUS, the Business Examiner, as well as various other magazines. Tanya was also a recent finalist for the Leadership Victoria Coaching and Mentorship Award and recently featured in Boulevard Magazine’s March 2015 “Women Who Make a Difference”.